Breaking news: as Ronaldo helps Manchester United board in the signing of two players with just a phone call , wow this guy is so influential to young players .

 


Cristiano Ronaldo once phoned two 

Manchester United transfer targets and

convinced them to join the club ahead 

of bitter rivals Arsenal.

The five-time Ballon d'Or winner was 

deployed by Sir Alex Ferguson to secure

the signings of twins Rafael and Fabio da 

Silva.

Rafael told the UTD Podcast that he 

received a call from 'CR7' as a teenager

and his influence helped them make their

decision.

"He called my phone, and I'll never 

forget that,” the Botafogo defender beamed.

"My phone had all the zeros [on the screen

, to indicate an international call] and I 

was saying 'Who is this? I've never received

a call like this.' I answered, and I knew 

him because I'd trained with him before.

"He just said: 'Ah, [Portuguese 

greeting]!’ I ran to my bus saying: ‘It's 

Ronaldo, it's Ronaldo! He's calling 

us to speak!’

"He just said: 'It's raining here, it's 

raining here in Manchester, like you know

.' He said: ‘I call to say to you guys: 

sign for Manchester United. I know you 

are going to like it,’ et cetera.

"I could not believe [it]. It was amazing

."

Fabio shared a similar story in 2020 

and explained Ronaldo helped them 

both with the language barrier and confidence

issues while playing for one of the 

world's biggest clubs.

Rafael would become United's starting

right-back following Gary Neville's 

retirement and won three Premier 

League titles during his time at the club.

He would leave for Lyon in 2015 after 

falling out of favour under Louis van Gaal.

Meanwhile, Fabio only received one 

Premier League medal in 2010-2011 

and spent time on loan at Queen's 

Park Rangers.

He was sold to Cardiff City in 2014 

and now plays for Nantes in Ligue 1. Arsenal were United's big rivals in the 

2000s and Ferguson didn't want to lose

out on two young stars to Arsene Wenger.

The Red Devils moved quickly to snap 

the brothers up from Fluminese and 

they both went down as successful transfers.

Ronaldo is currently in his second stint

with United and has 14 goals in 24 

appearances so far.

Agent Ronaldo? It's apparently a real thing.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Confirmed : As Ralf Ragnick sells another Manchester United player , as player leaves old trafford few minutes ago , Congrats on your next chapter .